9 Aug 2021
HIAP Open Studios / Summer 2021
HIAP Suomenlinna, photo: Sheung Yiu @sheungyiuphoto
Welcome to the summer edition of the HIAP Open Studios!
Download the Leaflet of the event here.
Download the hand-out with programme & event locations here
HIAP Open Studios offers the unique opportunity to meet up with the artists-in-residence and get a glimpse of the work that they have been developing during their residency. The event takes place towards the end of each three-month residency season, in late May, August, and November.
The supporting curators for the summer season 2021 are Elham Rahmati and Vidha Saumya.
Summer Season 2021 residents at HIAP
Freja Bäckman (Finland / Germany), Jessie Bullivant (Australia / Finland), Michaela Casková (Finland / Czech Republic), Néstor García (Spain), Laura Hyppönen (Germany), E. L. Karhu (Finland, Germany), Lucila Mayol (Argentina / Norway / Finland), Shayma Nader (Palestine), Minou Norouzi (Austria / United Kingdom), Bita Razavi (Finland / Estonia / Iran), Angela Su (Hong Kong), Timo Viialainen (Finland).
Read more about the current residents here.
THU 19 AUG 15:30–18:30
FRI 20 AUG 17:30–20:30
SAT 21 AUG 14:00–18:00
Detailed programme can be found in the programme leaflet
Limited visitor capacities
In line with the current pandemic restrictions, and in order to ensure a safe visit, we are limiting the number of visitors in all our spaces. More details soon!
If the venue reaches its capacity, please be prepared to wait a little until the next visitor leaves.
Measurements for a safe visit
In our effort to ensure a safe visit to all our events, we strongly advise you to consider and follow the guidelines listed below:
– Refrain from visiting our events, if you have any symptoms of illness.
– Use a face mask in all our event locations (required for visitors over 15-years-old). If you have forgotten yours, we offer face masks on site.
– Keep a safe distance from others.
– Use hand sanitiser upon entering any event locations.
– Cough or sneeze on a tissue or your sleeve.
– Drinks and snacks will not be served in any of the events of thi season’s HIAP Open Studios.
Locations (see locations on map below)
- HIAP Studios (nr 34 on the Suomenlinna map), Suomenlinna B 44-45
- HIAP Gallery Augusta & Project Space (nr 33 on the map), Suomenlinna B 28/2
How to get there
Ferries run by HSL and the privately operated JT-Line water buses. The ferries leave from the Market Square (Kauppatori).
Ferry schedules: HSL timetable here, JT-Line timetable here
Accessing Suomenlinna by wheelchair is possible but we recommend being accompanied by a person assisting. We are happy to help you plan your visit. Please contact HIAP for additional information, and read more on accessible route for visitors on Suomenlinna here.
Free entrance. Welcome!