Annual Cycle of Open Calls
HIAP and HIAP partner organisations arrange several open calls annually in the frame of various residency programmes in the field of visual art and other creative fields. Residencies in HIAP studios in Suomenlinna and Cable Factory are offered for artists and curators worldwide, and international exchange programmes enable Finnish artists and curators to have residencies abroad.
Below you can find the estimated annual cycle of open calls. Please note that changes in dates may occur. The application forms are accessible and can be found online only when each open call is active.
To receive open call announcements to your e-mail, please subscribe to HIAP Newsletter.
APPLICATION TIMES FOR RESIDENCIES IN 2020
– Finnish Cultural Foundation‘s annual open call for residencies. HIAP is an advisor in the development of Finnish Cultural Foundation’s residency programme and collaborates with the foundation to arrange residency exchanges.
– Helsinki-Frankfurt Residency Exchange / HIAP & basis Frankfurt collaboration. Open call for artists based in Frankfurt.
UPCOMING IN SEPT / OCT / NOV – more details announced later
– Open call for artists from Nordic & Baltic region (supported by Nordic Culture Point)
– HICP – Helsinki International Curatorial Programme (a collaboration between HIAP & Frame Contemporary Art Finland)
– Helsinki-Frankfurt Residency Exchange / HIAP & basis Frankfurt collaboration. An open call for artists based in Finland.
– ARKO – Arts Council of Korea: A residency at HIAP for a Korean curator
– Australian Arts Council: Residencies at HIAP for Australian artists
– SeMA NANJI: A residency at HIAP for a Korean artist
– TOKAS: A residency at HIAP for a Japanese artist
– Helsinki Design Residency: Open calls for practitioners based in UK, Russia and Finland
– Helsinki-Dublin Residency Exchange / HIAP & Temple Bar Gallery+Studios collaboration. Open calls for artists based in Ireland and Finland.