27 Apr — 23 May 2021
HIAP Residencies for Finnish and Finland-based Art Practitioners in 2022
HIAP – Helsinki International Artist Programme invites Finnish and Finland-based art practitioners to apply for residencies in Suomenlinna and Cable…
27 Apr — 23 May 2021
HIAP Residencies for Nordic and Baltic Art Practitioners in 2021-2022
HIAP – Helsinki International Artist Programme invites Nordic and Baltic art practitioners to apply for residencies in HIAP Suomenlinna in…
Annual Cycle of Open Calls
The residents to HIAP Suomenlinna and HIAP Cable Factory are selected primarily via open calls which are arranged in collaboration with numerous programme partners (see full list). Most of the open calls have a geographic and/or thematic focus.
HIAP is also involved in residency exchanges and collaborations which offer residencies for Finland-based art practitioners at numerous residency centres abroad.
UPCOMING OPEN CALLS
Below is the list of on-going residency collaborations which involve annual or bi-annual open calls. The open calls are announced via HIAP social media channels and email newsletter (link for signing up in the bottom of this page).
– Finnish Cultural Foundation‘s residency programme: Annual open call for Finland-based art practitioners for residencies abroad. HIAP is an advisor in the development of the residency programme.
– HICP – Helsinki International Curatorial Programme: An international open call for curators, a collaboration between HIAP & Frame Contemporary Art Finland
– basis Frankfurt: A residency exchange between Frankfurt and Helsinki / Finland
– Temple Bar Gallery+Studios: A residency exchange between Dublin and Helsinki / Finland
– TOKAS: A residency exchange between Japan and Finland
– SeMA NANJI: A residency exchange between South Korea and Finland
– Everyday Forms of Resistance: A residency exchange between HIAP (Finland), Ramallah Municipality (Palestine), Ujazdowski Castle Centre for Contemporary Art (Poland) and AIR Antwerpen (Belgium)
– Australia Council for the Arts: Residencies at HIAP for Australian artists (4 residencies annually)
– ARKO – Arts Council of Korea: A residency at HIAP for a Korean curator
– Künstlerhaus Bremen: A residency at HIAP for an artist based in Bremen, Germany
– Generalitat Valenciana: A residency at HIAP for an artist based in Valencia, Spain