Annual Cycle of Open Calls
HIAP and HIAP partner organisations arrange several open calls annually in the frame of various residency programmes in the field of visual art and other creative fields. Residencies in HIAP studios in Suomenlinna and Cable Factory are offered for artists and curators worldwide, and international exchange programmes enable Finnish artists and curators to have residencies abroad.
Below you can find the estimated annual cycle of open calls. Please note that changes in dates may occur. The application forms are accessible and can be found online only when each open call is active.
To receive open call announcements to your e-mail, please subscribe to HIAP Newsletter.
APPLICATION TIMES FOR RESIDENCIES IN 2020
– Finnish Cultural Foundation‘s annual open call for residencies. HIAP is an advisor in the development of Finnish Cultural Foundation’s residency programme and collaborates with the foundation to arrange residency exchanges.
– Helsinki-Frankfurt Residency Exchange / HIAP & basis Frankfurt collaboration. Open call for artists based in Frankfurt.
– HICP – Helsinki International Curatorial Programme (a collaboration between HIAP & Frame Contemporary Art Finland)
– HIAP Residency Programme 2020 for Nordic and Baltic Art Practitioners (supported by Nordic Culture Point)
– Australia Council for the Arts: Residencies at HIAP for Australian artists
– TOKAS: A residency at HIAP for a Japanese artist
– ARKO – Arts Council of Korea: A residency at HIAP for a Korean curator. Open call period ending on 24 October 2019.
Upcoming in autumn 2019 – more details announced later
– Helsinki-Frankfurt Residency Exchange / HIAP & basis Frankfurt collaboration. An open call for artists based in Finland.
– SeMA NANJI: A residency at HIAP for a Korean artist
– Helsinki Design Residency: Open calls for practitioners based in Sweden, Russia and Finland
– Helsinki-Dublin Residency Exchange / HIAP & Temple Bar Gallery+Studios collaboration. Open calls for artists based in Ireland and Finland.
– More TBC
Unfortunately due to financial reasons we are unable to send out neither the general open call (open for anyone to apply) nor the call for Finnish artists for year 2020. We hope to bring these back for year 2021.