16 Sep — 26 Oct 2021
HIAP Residency for Australian Artists and Creative Professionals
The Australia Council for the Arts open call for residencies at HIAP – Helsinki International Artist Programme in the year…
11 Oct — 14 Nov 2021
Helsinki International Curatorial Programme 2022
Every year, the Helsinki International Curatorial Programme (HICP) offers one-month residencies in Helsinki for contemporary art curators. The programme in…
20 Oct — 4 Nov 2021
Helsinki-Frankfurt Residency Exchange 2022
The aim of the Helsinki-Frankfurt exchange is to provide participating artists with time, space, and support for their creative work…
Annual Cycle of Open Calls
The residents to HIAP Suomenlinna and HIAP Cable Factory are selected primarily via open calls which are arranged in collaboration with numerous programme partners (see full list). Most of the open calls have a geographic and/or thematic focus.
HIAP is also involved in residency exchanges and collaborations which offer residencies for Finland-based art practitioners at numerous residency centres abroad.
UPCOMING OPEN CALLS
Below is the list of on-going residency collaborations which involve annual or bi-annual open calls. The open calls are announced via HIAP social media channels and email newsletter (link for signing up in the bottom of this page).
– Finnish Cultural Foundation‘s residency programme: Annual open call for Finland-based art practitioners for residencies abroad. HIAP is an advisor in the development of the residency programme.
– HICP – Helsinki International Curatorial Programme: An international open call for curators, a collaboration between HIAP & Frame Contemporary Art Finland
– basis Frankfurt: A residency exchange between Frankfurt and Helsinki / Finland
– Temple Bar Gallery+Studios: A residency exchange between Dublin and Helsinki / Finland
– TOKAS: A residency exchange between Japan and Finland
– SeMA NANJI: A residency exchange between South Korea and Finland
– Everyday Forms of Resistance: A residency exchange between HIAP (Finland), Ramallah Municipality (Palestine), Ujazdowski Castle Centre for Contemporary Art (Poland) and AIR Antwerpen (Belgium)
– Australia Council for the Arts: Residencies at HIAP for Australian artists (4 residencies annually)
– ARKO – Arts Council of Korea: A residency at HIAP for a Korean curator
– Künstlerhaus Bremen: A residency at HIAP for an artist based in Bremen, Germany
– Generalitat Valenciana: A residency at HIAP for an artist based in Valencia, Spain