HIAP Residency Programme for Finnish Artists
HIAP provides the selected artist with a studio space for living and working on the island of Suomenlinna between February – December 2018. The studio is 80 sq meters, furnished, and divided into a working space downstairs and a separate living space with bathroom and kitchenette. The studio has a broadband internet connection and is suitable for a single artist or a family. No pets are allowed in the studios. For images of the HIAP Suomenlinna Studios, please take a look at http://www.hiap.fi/suomenlinna.
During their residency, HIAP artists-in-residence have access to administrative support and to contacts with local arts professionals and organisations. The artists have a chance to present their work-in-progress in regular HIAP Open Studio events (organised three times per year). In addition, HIAP Project Space can be used by the artists for meetings, gatherings or for self-organised events.
HIAP hosts a weekly internal gathering for all resident artists with occasional special guests and offers an annual programme of visits to exhibitions, galleries and various other venues and events in Finland.
HIAP is in the process of confirming collaborations with organisations which can offer specific production facilities for artists. The first confirmed collaboration is with Pot Viapori ceramics studio, located next to HIAP Suomenlinna Studios. More information: http://www.hiap.fi/pot-viapori
The deadline for the applications is Wednesday, June 28, 2017 (11:59 pm, GMT +2).
The Jury consists of HIAP Associates and members of HIAP staff. The selected artist will be notified by the end of August 2017. Please note that we are unfortunately unable to give feedback about individual applications.
To apply, applicants must submit the following by using an online application form:
- Motivation letter
- Working plan describing the professional activities you plan to undertake during the residency period
- Short bio and a curriculum vitae
- Examples of previous work
Incomplete applications or applications sent by e-mail without using the online application form will not be taken into consideration.
Please note the following guidelines regarding additional material supporting your application:
- It is advised that all the supporting material is stored online and can be downloaded via the use of hyperlinks, which are mentioned in the application. Please make sure that the links do not expire before you have received the decision of the Jury.
- All image / video / sound samples should be stored and shared online. It is advised to use platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo, etc, so that downloading isn’t required to access the material.
Please note that due to the amount of materials received, we are unable to contact applicants upon receipt of each application, to address individual inquiries regarding submitted proposals, or to comment further upon the selection process.