Finnish Cultural Foundation’s Residency Programme
NART residency in Narva, Estonia. Photo: Tõnu Tunnel
Finnish Cultural Foundation offers possibilities for Finnish and Finland-based artists to join the residency programmes of several prominent international residency organisations. The open call for the residencies takes place annually in August.
Since 2019, HIAP has been responsible for the follow-up and development of the Finnish Cultural Foundation’s residency programme.
For the year 2022, the open call was available for the following residencies:
- Fabrikken, Copenhagen, Denmark, 3 months for visual artists
- NART, Narva, Estonia, 3 months for visual artists (individual artists or work pairs)
- Triangle, New York, United States, 3 months for visual artists
Open calls for the following residencies are for the moment on pause (due to COVID-19):
- AIT, Tokyo, Japan, 3 months for visual artists
- Artspace, Sydney, Australia, 3 months for visual artists (individual artists or work pairs)
- Capacete, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 3 months for visual artists and curators
- Filba, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 3 months for writers
- Institute for Provocation, Beijing, China, 3 months for artists
- Santarcangelo dei Teatri, Italy, 2−3 weeks for working groups (max. 6 members) in dance, performing arts or theatre
- SeMa Nanji, Seoul, South Korea, 3 months for visual artists
- Tokyo Arts and Space Residency, Japan, 3 months for visual artists (individual artists or work pairs)
More information about the programme is available on Finnish Cultural Foundation’s website.